Hey! If you’re here, then it probably means there’s some squishy newborn goodness coming your way soon, so congratulations!! Here’s a recent newborn blog post and here’s a bunch of info to prep for the shoot:
- We can do the session in the comfort of your home (if you’re wanting more of a lifestyle session), or we can do it in my studio (if you’re wanting the sleepy, trendy poses). I have one rule: if I come to your home, you must promise me that you won’t do any extra cleaning or work for me. I love you just as you are, and I guarantee there are more dirty dishes in my sink than yours. And, if you’ll let me, I’ll even load your dishwasher on my way out the door.
- If I come to you, please let me know ahead of time which special props you’d like me to bring. I’ll bring an assortment of hats, headbands, and blankets, but I’m happy to bring anything specific you’re looking for.
- Feel free to send me links to your Pinterest boards or photos you’d like to use as inspiration for your session. I’m a sucker for wasting time looking at baby pics (wait, I mean researching…) on Pinterest.
- Please bring/have your favorite swaddle blanket and pacifier (even if you don’t use one normally).
- I typically do my newborn shoots during the week (typically Monday, but that is flexible, depending on what day the baby is born). If you need a weekend day, I always keep Sundays open for newborns, since their arrivals are so unpredictable.
- For the session, it’s $175 (or $225 for a Sunday) plus sales tax; that includes an online gallery of 25 images to share after your gallery viewing but no prints, products, or digitals.
- These sessions can take up to three hours, but I’ve done them in less than an hour. It really depends on the baby’s comfort and ease with being moved around and what kinds of pictures you want.
- What to wear for momma and anyone else in the pictures? Something comfortable and that makes you feel pretty.
- My primary goal is the baby’s safety and comfort and for it to be as fun and as stress-free as possible for you. If we need to pause to feed/burp/change/change the baby again, we do. I take it nice and slow. I have warmers and soft, white noise, etc. to keep him or her as comfortable and relaxed as possible. It’s truly my goal to create a relaxing, enjoyable session for you. It’s really a fun experience.