I am a wife to my high school sweetheart and a stay-at home/work-from-home momma to my two babies, although they are 7 and 5, so I guess not babies so much anymore (sniff, sniff). Also, I adore sun flare and using lovely natural light in my photos, but I’ll bring plenty of flash for those tricky indoor situations.
So, here’s the rundown of how I got here:
- B.S. in Elementary Education from LA Tech University
- USAF Captain: taught English at the USAFA Prep School and served as the school’s photographer as an additional duty; had several photos published in the base newspaper; detachment commander for the Defense Information School where my students learned combat photography and photojournalism
- Ed. M. in Learning and Teaching from Harvard University
- Teacher: high school math, special education
- Teacher: adult education (my proudest accomplishment was teaching a 49-year-old lovely man to read)
- Momma to my baby girl, Birdie August
- Small business owner
- Momma to my baby boy, Winston Valor
So why am I different? Between my degrees and work with children and education, I’ve got loads of experience with kids and love all their crazy antics. You never have to be embarrassed because your little ones act silly and don’t feel like posing for pictures–they are all like that! Just relax and try to have fun and enjoy the moment. The only way you’ll get to experience your little one at that age again is in a photo.
Thank you for your time and interest. I always want to plan a pre-consult meeting with my clients prior to our sessions, but in case we can’t, please feel free to check out my family blog to get to know me a little better: http://thebacles.blogspot.com.
Finally, yes, I do love photography. However, my passion is education–in any form. I will one day return to the classroom/school environment full time. For now, I fulfill my desire to teach students through camera classes and photography workshops I’ve designed myself. If you’re interested, check out my “Shot by Momma” page here: http://sunflarephotos.com/shot-by-momma/