I’m coming off of a weekend high–my darling husband took the kids camping, and I had the entire weekend to work and focus on business goals and treat myself to a little down time after working non-stop for a solid year. I celebrated some of my favorite things. What are your favorite things? Here’s a short list of mine.
- Education–I am a school nerd down to my core and am always either in the middle of a class or looking for the next one to take or teaching one or scheduling my next one to teach.
- Supporting small businesses–especially helping new ones get launched
- Helping others–especially moms. It’s hard out there for a mom.
- Improving my business–I don’t think an hour goes by that I’m not thinking about an idea to make my business better. I’ve been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug, for sure.
- Pretty little details–especially flowers and food and drinks.
- Fancy coffee
This past holiday season, one of my loveliest clients was slammed with work trips and it didn’t seem like there would be time for her to send out her 300+ Christmas cards. So, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Here’s the before at 4pm:…and the after at 10am the next morning, addressed front and back and ready to be boxed up and driven down to Houston.
Thanks so loads of coffee and my most fabulous friend who watched my little one for a few hours, I got them done. So, although it took a day for my hand to de-claw, I really loved doing this service for her, and I’d like to offer it to all of my clients. I thought it would be useful to up my script game a little, so I took a class this past weekend with Jenny of A Fine Flourish at the cutest little stationery boutique Katie & Co. in Houston. It’s adorable. Jenny just whipped up this sign in 2 seconds on a chalkboard sign–don’t you wish you could do that??We had lovely desserts from The Foodie Chef.
And these gorgeous flowers by Maxit Flower Design.My favorite flower: ranunculus. How adorable is the little welcome placemat? So pretty. Winston promptly (but accidentally) crinkled it up in one L.B. second after I got home.
And I was quickly reminded my weekend of fancy was over.
So the point of all this is that I’m busy practicing my calligraphy and script in case you’d like me to address your cards this year. I’ll include a tab with pricing and more info and pictures once I get it sorted out.
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. And if it’s been a while since you’ve pampered yourself, do it. I mean for real, though. Call me. I’ll watch your kids; they’ll probably be great calligraphers when you pick them up. :)
Love, Andrea 508.768.5808 or email@example.com